Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Evolution of Stars
Transcript of Evolution of Stars
- star formation begins with condensation of a large cloud of gas, ice, and dust called a NEBULA.
- As stars grow older they shrink in size and become denser.
The end of a star
At the end of the stars life it either becomes a black hole, neutron star or a white dwarf. depending on what life it lived.
Only very massive stars collapse.
They are so massive that they continue past the neutron stage and create a black hole.
Black hole ==> is something so dense that nothing can escape its gravity if it gets too close.
If a star is not massive it willl end its life as a white dwarf.
This is the end for a smaller star.
Evolution of Stars
- Stars that become thousands of times brighter suddenly it is called a nova
The sun is a main-sequence star (red dwarf)
it is middle aged
the surface of the sun is called the photosphere
the dark spots are called sun spots
You are the proud new owner of a star. You are so happy that you want to tell everyone the story of it's life.
Here are your options
- Baby book
- Comic strip
- Flow chart
- Poetry using words and pictures
Will our sun ever become a black hole? Why or why not?