Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Molecular Gastronomy
Elizabeth Cawdry Thomas
Nicholas Kurti and Hervé This
1992 OBJECTIVES 1. the social phenomena linked to culinary activity
2. the artistic component of culinary activity
3. the technical component of culinary activity
4. Exploring existing recipes
5. Introducing new tools, ingredients and methods into the kitchen
6. Inventing new dishes
7. Using molecular gastronomy to help the general public understand the contribution of science to society CHEFS Grant Achatz Ferran Adrià Sat Bains
Richard Blais Marcel Vigneron Sean Brock
Homaro Cantu Michael Carlson Wylie Dufresne
Will Goldfarb Randy Rucker Kevin Sousa TECHNIQUES
Thermal immersion circulator: for sous-vide
(low temperature cooking)
Spherification - a caviar-like effect
Ultrasound to achieve more precise cooking times INGREDIENTS Carbon dioxide Liquid nitrogen
Hydrocolloids such as starch, gelatin, pectin, and natural gums
Enzymes TOOLS Ice cream maker
Anti-griddle: for cooling and freezing