Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
THE DISADVANTAGES OF ICT
Transcript of THE DISADVANTAGES OF ICT
Cybercrimes are ilegal acts done throuh the use of the Internet.
- it is also called hacking; the act of obtaining unauthorized access to data from a computer network.
This is typically done to commercial and government sites to threaten its owner. In late 2014, a group of hackers hacked Sony's website because of the impending release of the controversial film "The Interview".
3. Accessing Stored Communications
In 2012, Stephen Nale posted a list of ten most common Internet cybercrimes
THE DISADVANTAGES OF ICT
- the ct of sending multiple emails to multiple users in hopes of having a number of them clicking on the links or malwares attached to the email.
Most email services today have spam or bulk folders that automatically out these suspicious emails to that folder.
However, this is not 100% accurate that some emails are not filtered and some other emails that are legitimate end up on the spam folder.
- the act of using the Internet to threaten or damage someone's reputation to extort money or anything else of value.
This can be avoided if you are aware of what you should post on the Internet. The victims of this act tend to have posted something 'inappropriate" over the Internet even if they put it at a secured location
4. Sports Betting
- the act of wagering on any sports event over the Internet. In some countries, gambling (including sports betting) is illegal even if you are doing it over the Internet.
5. Non- Delivery of Merchandise
- the act of devising a scheme wherein a culprit posts an item or service for sale on the Internet and once the transactions have been done, does not really give the item or service.
6. Electronic Harassment
- is the act of anonymously using the internet to harass, abuse, threaten, or annoy other people. This is also an act of cyberbullying, however, because the culprit anonymous, it is hard to detect who is bullying you.
7. Child Pornography
-the act of using internet to show child pornograph. This act is highly punishable by law.
- the act of using the Internet to engage in prostitution.
9. Drug Trafficking
- the act of selling illegal substances using the Internet.
10. Criminal Copyright Infringement
- the act of piracy mainy or financial gain. In late 2014, the number one pirate website, the PirateBay, was raided for the second time due to years of pirating movies, music, games, books, and other software.
THE INTERNET IS THE PRESENT AND THE FUTURE OF YOUR GENERATION AND YOU DEFINE WHAT IMPACT IT CAN DO TO SHAPE OUR SOCIETY, WHETHER IT IS NEGATIVE OR POSITIVE. THE FUTURE IS IN YOUR HANDS.