Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Sculpture
What is Sculpture ?
How is Sculpture Made?
What are some Major Artistic Sculptures to know and Understand?
Why learn this media?
Examining the following images what conclusions and definitions can be made for sculpture?
Greek Coin 415 BCE
What are the two ways to engage with sculpture and what do we call the two forms?
How its Made?
Match each of the following with the video and information Provided below.
Constructing and Assembling
The bringing together of material all ready formed by the artist.
Picasso Bull's Head
Uses pliable material such as clay, wax, or plaster that is built up, removed and or pushed into a final form.
As we encounter sculpture today how has it changed and in what ways has remained close to its roots?
1. A Mold needs to be made, off of an original work.
2. Original sculpture is removed.
3. Liquid material poured into the hollow of the mold.
4. Liquid hardens and the mold removed.
Is a subtractive process in which material such as stone and wood.
Michelangelo preferred this method, saw stone as "souls in turmoil".
Most Challenging of the sculptural methods.
Lost wax Process
How else is the casting process used what other industries use this process?
Other Sculptural Forms
Installation and Site specific
Jesus Rafael Soto
What is it that these two sculpture share?
How are the artist using the material and different medias to enhance the message or content of the work?
Cai Guo Qiang
What is the major difference between the two styles?
How does the scale and the relationship to a child's toy change?
How has digital technology changed the field of Sculpture?