Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Artefacts without Agency
Transcript of Artefacts without Agency
by Christian Illies and Anthonie Meijers,
Moral Relevance Debate
Moral Responsibility Thesis
Mediation - extend the sensory capacities
New hermeneutic relations - generate new representations
1) rejects the a priori human/non-human dichotomy
2) artefacts actively shape our world
"their mediating role cannot be entirely reduced to the intentions of their designers and users"
"... 'material' form of intentionality"
artefacts - moral relevance
hybrids - "moral agency is distributed over both humans and technological artefacts"
Verbeek ignored elements of moral agency
intentionality, freedom, ability to understand moral options, moral demands of a particular situation, ability to reason, capacity for empathy, moral sentiment