Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
lochies timeline on federation
Transcript of lochies timeline on federation
1900-On 9 July Queen Victoria signs the Commonwealth of Australia Constitution Act.
1901-On 1 January the Commonwealth of Australia is proclaimed in Centennial Park, Sydney.
sir Henry Parkes was born on the 27th of may 1815
1899-The premiers met to discuss the things that worried those three colonies, and changes were made to the Constitution. One change was that there would be a new capital built between Sydney and Melbourne, because both thought they should be the capital city. People in all colonies except Western Australia voted for the new Constitution, and this time it was successful.
1889-Sir Henry Parkes, Premier of New South Wales, urges the colonies to federate.
1891-The first National Australasian Convention is held in Sydney and drafts a constitution.
1891-Economic depression means the colonial parliaments lose interest in federation.
1899-In January the premiers hold a secret meeting and agree to several changes to the constitution.