Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Socratic Seminar-argumentative topics
Transcript of Socratic Seminar-argumentative topics
Week of 2/16/16
Class DOJO Quiet BEFORE bell
Sit where you will be productive
Tuesday: Socratic Seminar: Argumentative
Wednesday: Socratic Seminar: Argumentative
Thursday: WW Lesson 3 Jeopardy:Test: 2/23
Friday: PBIS all day activity
I can actively listen and discuss my views on argumentative topics through a socratic seminar.
Socrates believed that enabling students to think for themselves was more important than filling their head with knowledge.
Speak loudly & clearly
Don't raise hands-use visual cues
Look at the speaker
One person speaks
In back of ISN
What went well?
What could we improve?
Socratic argumentative questions:
In back of ISN
Choose 5 to answer
Be ready to discuss in Socratic Seminar
1. Should students be able to grade their teachers?
2. Do you think standardized tests measure your abilities?
3. Do schools provide students with enough opportunities to be creative?
4. Can money buy you happiness?
5. Can kindness become cool?
6. Which is more important: talent or hard work?
7. Should students be allowed to have their phones on them during school?
8. Should teachers assign homework?
9. Should students have to wear uniforms?
10. Should people be able to own exotic pets?
Socratic Seminar Roles
Helps clarify, summarize, keeps discussion going
Records comments-positive & negative-tallies each time a person speaks
What would you say if you were in the inner circle?
Take notes & provide feedback