Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Personification in Poetry
Transcript of Personification in Poetry
1. Define personification.
2. Identify examples of personification
3. Identify author’s purpose and
effectiveness at using personification in text.
Personification is giving human traits (qualities, feelings, action, or characteristics) to non-living objects (things, colors, qualities, or ideas).
What is Personification????
Oreo: Milk’s favorite cookie.
The camera loves me!
Lightening danced across the sky.
The flowers begged for water.
The dish ran away with the spoon.
Listen to Jimi Hendrix' "The Wind Cries Mary." Follow along and silently raise your hand every time you hear an example of personification
April Rain Song
by Langston HUghes
Let the rain kiss you
Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops
Let the rain sing you a lullaby
The rain makes still pools on the sidewalk
The rain makes running pools in the gutter
The rain plays a little sleep song on our roof at night
And I love the rain.
What are Langston Hughes' feelings toward rain?
What does he want his audience to do?
How does personification help him make his point?
In nature the birds chirp
When the rooster clucks
when the dog barks the trees