Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Cultural Diffusion of Kush & Ancient Egypt
Transcript of Cultural Diffusion of Kush & Ancient Egypt
Based off what we learned today's lesson, answer the following questions:
Judge whether the cultural diffusion between Kush and Egypt was mostly direct, forced, or indirect. Why do you think so? How did this cultural diffusion affect the people of Kush?
Aim: Judge whether the cultural diffusion between Kush and Egypt was mostly direct, forced, or indirect. Why do you think so? How did this cultural diffusion affect the people of Kush?
Warm Up: What are the three forms of cultural diffusion? Provide one example for each type.
Identifying the Different Types of Cultural
As you read your text, you will identify if the cultural diffusion was
BOLD, INDIRECT OR FORCED
by marking each instance using this key
I - Indirect
F - Forced
Turn & Talk
Describe what happened between Ancient Egypt and Kush. What process occurred between the two societies? Why do you think this?
You will receive color coded readings.
As a group, you will take turns reading the text.
You will use Directed Notes to identify the different types of cultural diffusion within the text.
Once done reading the text, as a group you will fill out graphic organizer (you are encouraged to discuss possible answers with each other).
Filling Out the Graphic Organizer
1. Write down evidence of cultural diffusion from the text.
2. Identify the type of cultural diffusion.
3. Clarify why you chose that type.
4. Explain how diffusion affected the Kushites.
Answer the following Critcial Questions found in your graphic organizer:
1. How did the Ancient Egyptians and Kushites interact? Provide examples to back up your response.
2. Choose one of the the artifacts to analyze. Analyze the artifact and read the caption below the reading. How is this artifact evidence of cultural diffusion? What kind of diffusion is it?
HW: How did cultural diffusion benefit Kush? Explain, using examples from past lessons.