Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Unit 1 - ABAP Program Flow
Transcript of Unit 1 - ABAP Program Flow
Student is able to describe how ABAP programs run
Interaction Between Layers
The passing of control between layers, once a user starts a program.
Once the user enters an input, control is passed from presentation to app layer.
System Loads Program Context
Runtime System Sends Selection Screen
As the program contains a selection screen, the ABAP runtime system sends it to the presentation server.
The presentation server controls the program flow until the user finishes entering data in the input fields.
ABAP Program Flow
Program context contains memory areas for variables and data objects, information on screens for user dialogs and ABAP processing block.
Runtime system gets information from the Repository
Input Values Inserted into Data Objects
Program Request Data from Database
Runtime System Sends List
read access to the database is programmed in processing block
runtime system placed requested data in appropriate data objects