Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
VFR into IMC
Transcript of VFR into IMC
But you can't see it Contact ATC? Follow your GPS? ATC Reports Airport
has gone IFR You're in and out of clouds at 2,400 Descend? Go IFR? MSA is 1,500 What do you do? GPS Position Descend Lower
Trust your GPS
Look For Airport Get Help
Ask ATC For Assistance What can you do? Vector/Direction to a VFR airport
Minimum Altitude 4) Get Help What Actually Happened (The WRONG Decision) Continued Descent What are your personal minimums?
What do you do if you go VFR into IMC?
Who can help? How do you make a go/nogo decision? What is the PAVE model? Remember to look at the big picture Resources: Spatial Disorientation
NTSB http://www.aopa.org/asf/publications/sa17.pdf http://www.aopa.org/asf/hotspot/vfrimc.html http://dms.ntsb.gov/aviation/AccidentReports/d4ukhb45bphh3s550d23bi551/F12022012120000.pdf