Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Pluto
From Sun (closest): 4 000 000 000 km
From Sun (farthest): 8 000 000 000 km
From Sun: 39.5 AU
An orbit is "once around" to the exact same place again.
A Day on Pluto is 6.4 Earth-days long.
Was discovered using math. He wanted to know why there were irregularities in the orbit of Uranus so tried to find out using math what would have to cause it.
Pluto has not nearly the same Gravity as Earth. you would only weight 7% as much on Pluto.
Or gravity is 0.07 G
Maximum Temperature: -234 °C
Minimum Temperature: -234 °C
Pluto's circumference is 7 232 km around!
Pluto is far less massive than the Earth. It is only 0.3% as big as the Earth, or
: Hades, Greek God of the underworld.
Orbit (Earth years): 247.9
Little bit of Carbon Dioxide
Craters, big red spot.
Compare the size (not the distance)
How old would you be if you
were a Plutonian?
Frozen Nitrogen Surface.
Taken with a 60 cm telescope!
Launched on Jan. 19, 2006, arrived in July of 2015.
How long to get there?
Charon, Nix, Hydra, Styx, Kereberos