Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Week 1 Lesson 2: Identifying and analysing tone
Transcript of Week 1 Lesson 2: Identifying and analysing tone
To identify and analyse tone.
Students will be able to annotate a text to identify tone, then use further evidence from the text to support an analysis of how the particular tone persuades.
We work with tone all the time...
Consider the following three songs.
Each one deals with the same topic or 'issue':
Pay attention to how the tone and delivery of each song positions you to feel a certain way about lost love.
After each song,
write down three adjectives describing the tone of the singer/the song (e.g. desperate, non-chalant, sarcastic, devastated, angry).
Activity: Identifying tone and analysing how it persuades
1. Working individually.
2. Read the pretext about tone and the persuasive piece.
3. Answer the questions in a thorough manner.
4. We have 30 minutes.
5. Class discussion to follow.