Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Magnetism
There is a legend which states that the first magnet ever found was discovered by a Greek shepherd named Magnes. It is said that he found the magnet when it was attracted towards his shoe nails and the tip of his staff. This is when the strange rock was named Magnes Lithos, meaning a natural magnet.
About 1100 years after the discovery, the chinese observed that when a piece of magnetite was suspended freely it always rested in the north south position. This discovery helped sailors, so it was name the leading stone or the lodestone.
Like poles repel and unlike poles attract
Single touch Method
Properties of a Magnet
They attract objects made of iron or steel;
When a magnet is suspended freely it always rests in the North, South position.
The ends or poles of a magnet are the strongest , these poles are called north and south poles.
By: Yahvi Johri