Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Open Look at Open Source – Legal Aspects updated
Transcript of Open Look at Open Source – Legal Aspects updated
Isn't it "Free" Software?
How common is Open Source usage?
Should I be afraid? Is it contagious?
Copyright in a nutshell:
- Some acts require permission by the
- You receive permission:
o Under the License
o Under some provisions of the
Copyright Law (fair Use)
Attribution vs. Copyleft
Use it but give credit
Apache, BSD, MIT and more...
GPL, LGPL, MPL and more...
You got it from us - give back when you distribute a "Derivative work" (?!?)
Some of the concerns - Virality, Patents, Reverse Engineering.
And what if I do not distribute (internal use / Cloud)?
I want to use Open Source - What do I do?
1. Understand it!
2. Follow the POLICY
3. Manage your suppliers
4. Check your out-licenses/agreements
5. Document Open Source use
6. Teach your team
I am using Open Source, but I did not take it seriously... How do I address this?
What if i do not follow
the Open Source Policy?
A warning letter (Recognition/enforcement/money?)
Eran Bareket, Adv.
Gilat, Bareket & Partners
An Open Look at Open Source