Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Role of Victorian Men
Transcript of The Role of Victorian Men
Alexa Coto; Rohan Panchal; Victor Chen Responsibilities in the Home Victorian men were were strongly expected to provide for their families. Men's work was meant to provide monetarily for the family Image of Men Views and Expectations of His Life Keeping a woman and family safe in a home and providing
comfort showed success for the male sex during the Victorian era.
Being able to work through any hardships and succeed financially
providing for the family reflected that a man was
successful in the workforce as well, which made
him respectable by his peers and other men in society.
Providing for a woman and a family were the ideals of the Victorian society, and not only
men compared each other to meet these ideals,
but women dreamed of marrying these types of men as well. Characteristics Men in the Victorian era were considered their homes:
- Fallen Victorian men had more rights than women.They were believed to be better able to make rational decisions.Therefore, they were the home's superiors and were strongly considered the heads of their families. In the Victorian era, daily dress was much more formal than now a days. Every gentleman was expected to wear a coat, vest, and hat. They would also carry with them pocket watches, walking sticks, and would often wear gloves. The ideal Victorian men should have characteristics such as honor, loyalty, intelligence, moral uprightness, a spiritual and faithful believer, and why not a good financial status Victorian men would expect their wives to know things such as weaving, cooking, washing, and cleaning. Victorian men also expected their women to possess feminine qualities as well as innocence. They were expected to be "Idle and Ignorant”
They were to be the sympathetic ear and soother, and the morality teacher of the house. http://www.gentlemansemporium.com/victorian-clothing-guide.php