Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Cyclotron
Do to the nature of the magentic force on a moving particle, the resulting motion is circular.
This gives the radius and frequency of cyclotron motion.
A vacuum chamber that is spherical has an inner region that is 25 cm across. If a source can eject electrons as a speed of 1.5 x 10 m/s, what value of magnetic field is needed to create cyclotron motion? and what is the frequency?
If this chamber has a coil of wires around it with radius 15 cm, and allows a 20 A current, how many windings would be neede to generate this B field?