Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Service Learning Presentation
Transcript of Service Learning Presentation
On March 12th, 2014 I taught a free musical theater class to underprivileged children. This class included singing, dancing and acting techniques. My specific role and action steps were to promote the free class, set up a list of things to teach and then actually teach the class. From this experience, I learned that children, in fact all ages, are capable of pursuing their dreams no matter what their financial situation may be. I met a lot of new people, children and parents, who were important to my community because they are the future and current generations. I felt like my action was valuable to the community because I put many smiles on children's and their guardian's faces as well as giving an opportunity to many kids who aren't as fortunate as others.
Here is a clip of me teaching the children a dance from the musical "Annie."
Here is a picture with me and a group of children that participated in my class.