Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Thermal Energy
The faster the molecules move, the warmer it is.
The slower the molecules move, the less heat it has.
Flow of thermal energy
Thermal Energy-the energy of the movement of molecules in a substance.
Measuring thermal energy
Now you know what temperature is, how does a thermometer work?
Hint-it has something to do with the fluid inside and what happens when it heats up.
Conductor-any material that allows heat to pass through easily. It's usually made of metal.
Insulator-any material that does not allow heat pass through it easily. Examples-cloth, plastic, foam.
Based on what you've seen write a definition of conduction.
Conduction-the transfer of heat between 2 objects that are directly touching
Eureka! Episode 20