Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
sports injuries 1
Transcript of sports injuries 1
Indirect - falling, twisting actions Transverse - right angle to length of bone
Oblique - break is diagonally across the bone, sharp ends
Spiral - similar to oblique, breaks spirals diagonally
Comminuted - multiple fractures (screws/wires) Greensticks - bone bends and splits, does not cause full break. Common in children.
Impacted - both ends of bone forced together in compression.
Avulsion - fragment becomes dettached as result of ligament or tendon pulling
stress fracture - an overuse injury.
Caused by repetitive stress, but not enough to cause a full break.
Difficult to spot on x rays.
Common stress fracture - tibia, commonly confused with shin splints! Open & closed
Closed - relatively litle displacement, not much injury to surrounding tissue
Open - high risk of infection,
Complete & Incomplete
How much of the bone is broken