Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
sports injuries 1
Transcript of sports injuries 1
Indirect - falling, twisting actions Transverse - right angle to length of bone
Oblique - break is diagonally across the bone, sharp ends
Spiral - similar to oblique, breaks spirals diagonally
Comminuted - multiple fractures (screws/wires) Greensticks - bone bends and splits, does not cause full break. Common in children.
Impacted - both ends of bone forced together in compression.
Avulsion - fragment becomes dettached as result of ligament or tendon pulling
stress fracture - an overuse injury.
Caused by repetitive stress, but not enough to cause a full break.
Difficult to spot on x rays.
Common stress fracture - tibia, commonly confused with shin splints! Open & closed
Closed - relatively litle displacement, not much injury to surrounding tissue
Open - high risk of infection,
Complete & Incomplete
How much of the bone is broken