Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Continents and Oceans
Transcript of Continents and Oceans
Earth's Crust- Very thin layer under the ocean floor or under each continent
Outer Core- Underneath the Mantle and surrounds the inner core, made up of liquid metal, 1,400 miles thick
Mantle- Underneath the crust and surrounds Earth's core. Made up of hot, solid, dense rock and is 1,800 miles thick
Continents- A large landmass that rises above an ocean
Worlds 5 Oceans- Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean, Indian Ocean, Southern Ocean, Arctic Ocean
Hand out "Exploring Ocean" Video Questions
About 3-7 Miles thick (mostly on Ocean's Floor )
Continental Crust can be 20 miles thick
Makes up about 1% of Earth's mass
Makes up about 85% of Earth's total mass
Made up of nickel and iron molted lava
extends to about 3,000 miles under Earth's surface
Fun Ocean Facts :
1. 70% of the Earth is covered by oceans
2. Finding Nemo is an AWSOME movie
3. Pacific Ocean is the largest ocean (30% of Earth's surface)
4. The Pacific Ocean contains over 25,000 islands
5. The average depth of the oceans is 2.5 miles deep
5. We have explored less than 10% of the oceans
6. The Average temp is 39 degrees
6. Oceans contain over 20 million tons of gold
7. plastic kills over over 1 million sea birds, 100,000 sea mammals, and hundreds of thousands of fish each year.
8. The oceans generate about 70% of the Earths oxygen that we breathe
Inner Core- lies 3,200 miles under the crust, made of iron and nickel
Is about 900 miles thick
Continents and Oceans