Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
TAXI CAB SECURITY SYSTEM
Transcript of TAXI CAB SECURITY SYSTEM
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
Input, Process, and Output
of the system
De La Salle University - Dasmariñas
What's the PROBLEM?
Safety of drivers
Evidences for tracking the criminal
To ensure, or at least greatly enhance,
taxi drivers’ safety
harmed by abusive passengers.
that can be used for
To be able to
track the location
of a particular taxi cab in case of emergency.
To boost the
peace of mind
of taxi drivers, as well as the taxi companies, by providing deterrent materials to discourage and prevent robbers and criminals to do such things.
reduce the mugging
of cab drivers
The collected information can be used as
in a criminal case hearing
Reduce the liabilities
faced by the taxi company
Peace of mind
for the passengers as well
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
Taxis get anti-holdup devices from police
June 18, 2013
GPS-enabled taxi dispatch system launched
Published on: April 10, 2013
Source: Philippine Daily Inquirer
Taxi drivers response
Empirical study of the topic
Data gathering through published works,
news articles, and case studies
Other materials which can be helpful
End of presentation
Binaday, Clark Kent L.
Corpuz, Eduard C.
Cuales, Ricky Paolo A.
"Effectiveness of Taxicab Security Equipment in Reducing Driver Homicide Rates"
- According to this journal, “installing cameras in taxicabs results in a reduction in citywide taxicab driver homicide rates post-installation (seven times lower homicide rate) and compared to cities with neither cameras nor partitions (three times lower homicide rate).”
"Cities with camera-equipped taxicabs experience reduced taxicab driver homicide
rates: United States, 1996–2010"
- The findings suggest cameras installed in taxicabs are highly effective in reducing homicides among taxicab drivers. Although not statistically significant, the findings suggest partitions installed in taxicabs may be effective.
"Minimum Requirements for Taxicab Security Cameras"
- A study showed that cities with taxicab-security cameras experienced significant reduction in taxicab driver homicides.
"Robbery of Taxi Drivers"
- According to this journal, recording activity with security cameras is very effective.
Increases the chances of offenders being caught, may discourage offenders from doing crime.
"In-cab camera system reduces taxicab crime"
- Police data shows that taxicab robberies have been reduced significantly since the introduction of the in-camera. The general public and in particular the taxicab customers have accepted the in-cab camera as an effective security measure
"Taxi security cameras"
- Following the release of a discussion paper in 2012, the department is progressing changes to the taxi security camera program. These changes will introduce audio recording in addition to the existing image recording.
"Camera effective in reducing taxicab crime"
The mandatory in-cab camera was the first of a number of safety measures recommended
to reduce taxicab driver robberies, assaults and homicides.