Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of 都市考古與系譜
unpack urban embeddedness in three ways:
1. Unbounding site by establishing new sets of relationships beyond normative conceptions and perceptions of limits of Taiwan island.
2. Delayering models by three-dimensional-like operation to uncover the disruptive practices in various strata as materially contructed over time.
3. Rescaling by moving between various scales and levels of organisation to engage work at several scales simultaneously: global economic and migration patterns, regional landscapes and infrastructures, district enclaves of blocks and streets, local pockets of lives spaces, and the scalelessness of the imagination.
understanding the genealogy of urban design as hybridisation of urban enclaves, armatures and heterotopias
trace both the descent of top-down urban authority and legitimacy and the emergence of bottom-up forms of urban life
appropriate reconfigure recombining
understand how social actors transform neighborhoods, institutions and public space over time
explore the archaeological layers looking for traces and patterns of different time periods, examine different kinds of flows through the site and sketch out a diagrammatic, three dimensional Digital Genealogical Model which measures the transformation
1.Repositioning points of view by the deployment of multiple vantage points of urban data to accommodate and engage various positions and interpretations rather than uniform narratives.
2. Giving time a dimension for analyses of the creation of emergent forms through cross-fertilisation and hybridisation. The creative and destructive forces of various urban actors and agents can be traced and cross-referenced in time and space. Formal patterns and social behaviour can be diagrammed as swarms, clusters or absences in spcae and time.
3. Polyvocalities through integration of collaborative work. Derived through group affinities, rather than the Master Plan or a single vision, individual projects to be layered and juxtaposed. Also inter-disciplinary collaborations can be created.
move of urban design practice from a bureaucratic discipline to one of marketing and branding urban space in concert with consumer preferences and desires
layering urban models
presents and analytical approach diagramming patterns of urban processes over time
multiplicity of urban experiences in cross-sectional perspectives
revealing simultaneously the production of symbolic space and individual sensorial perceptions
schizoanalytical urban section reveals how the global staging of the urban spectacle is constructed, perceived and imagined
1. Using wire-frames, transparencies and translucencies to adjust according to new optical information: physical relationships between inside and outside, under and over. Cinema language can create ‘though images’ through the interrelationship between movement, effect, sound, image and time.
2. Connecting signifying areas through meta-modelling of Schizoanalysis in social, culture, political, artistic and scitific contexts.
3. Discover new relationships through aberrant movements and non-linear time images rather than simulating ‘natural’ perception through hyper-real simulations and walk-throughs.
Richard Meier / Peter Eisenman / Gwathmey / Steven Holl
LMDC WTC Site Competition