Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Phonetics
VOCAL TRACT : - LARYNX, PHARYNX , ORAL CAVITY, NASAL CAVITY.
Major Phonetic Classes
Noncontinuants and Continuants.
Obstruents and Sonorants
Identity of Speech Sounds
The Phonetic Alphabet (IPA)
• Tongue Possition
• Lip Rounding
pitch, lenght and stress
LANGUAGE- SOUNDS ---> WORDS
CLASS OF SOUNDS
Phonetics: the study of speech sounds and how they are produced
Difference between speech sounds
from other sounds.
Those sounds are not speech sounds, so they can not be segmented into the sounds of speech.
*Children learning a language.
Ex: “I´m holing don”
(Break between sounds occur)
Word misperceptions of words
Changes in words.
DIFFERENCES IN PHRASE AND SENTECES
PRINTED / SPOKEN.
Grade A – Gray Day.
I Scream – Ice cream
Manner of Articulation
• Place of Articulation
"How (cough) are you?"