Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Ways of Seeing Julia Sets
Transcript of Ways of Seeing Julia Sets
Visualizing the forces that shape fractal Julia sets
Image of Gaston Julia by Konrad Jacobs, Erlangen (http://owpdb.mfo.de/detail?photo_id=1680) [CC BY-SA 2.0 de (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/de/deed.en)], via Wikimedia Commons
The orbit of 0 is...
If the orbit of 0 is bounded, c is in the Mandelbrot set.
I spent some time experimenting with
functions of the form...
I retreated to looking at Julia sets...
...but now we fix c and look at the orbits of different starting z values.
Again we have...