Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Kahoot!
A game-based classroom response system for schools, universities, and businesses that allows thought provoking questions to be asked, students to take control of their own learning, easy-to-use, inclusive, and highly engaging.
Paper, Clicker, or Kahoot!?
Who can use Kahoot!?
The Kahoot! pedagogy applies to educators and learners of any age.
What is needed for Kahoot!
Internet Access (It’s an online platform that supports any device with a Web browser)
Help is Available
Kahoot! is Safe
Teachers create an account with an email in order to create activities and keep track of data.
Students do not have to enter any personal information or email address in order to participate.
As part of the creators commitment to keeping Kahoot! a safe and enjoyable learning environment for everyone, they have introduced a method called “kick”. Teachers can kick out inappropriate nicknames or uninvited users from a game.
$ Cost $
Easy to incorporate technology and content standards.
Used with any content.
Kahoot! improves subject knowledge as well as social skills as it is a platform for sharing, browsing, making it favorite or playing with content created by educators and learners globally.
Project- based, Inquiry-based, and Game-based pedagogy which is proven by academic research.
Deeper learning happens when learners consider not just what the correct answers are to questions, but also what the potential incorrect answers are. The more creative they are encouraged to be with their content, the deeper they will understand the topics set.
Emerging Educational Technology
“The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn and change.” By Carl Rogers
Kahoot allows teachers to create engaging quizzes, discussion questions and surveys for all students.
1. Quizzes: - Create your own quiz, have a student create one or find a public quiz! To start a quiz, decide on a title and then drag and drop your content and add your questions. Your content can feature pictures or videos which makes it great for all grade levels.This is a great way to flip your classroom and use the data to drive your next days lessons or small groups.
2. Discussions: Create discussion questions is easy. Decide on a title and then ask your probing question. You can also have your students pose questions to launch a discussion using their devices.
3. Surveys: Take a real-time poll of your students wants/needs? For example: what type of devices do we have in our classrooms from BYOT? This can also be used for an exit ticket to determine how a lesson went or gauge the students knowledge on a topic.
Kahoot! provides educators with a ‘snapshot’ of each learners current understanding and long-term tracking of progress through which they can make formative assessments for adaptive teaching.
* Choice to time or not to time the game
* Choice to have points or no points for the questions
* Choice to make it an Individual or group setting
Get Started with Kahoot!
give time to experiment
implement into content
come back and share
Each slide above is the guide/pdf
For the best experience, using up-to-date versions of Google Chrome or Mozilla FireFox is recommended.
If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer, you should have version 9+ (available for WIndows XP upwards).
You can also create and launch quizzes on tablet and mobile devices, which allow you to take and embed pictures directly into your questions
How it Works
From Learners to Leaders!
plan how the school will use Kahoot!
possible pilot in classrooms
As with any emerging technology, teachers will need professional development. With varying technology skill levels within the staff, it is important to provide the basics and vision followed by differentiated professional training. Some teachers will need ongoing help from mentor teachers.
Kahoot! has reminded me of how teaching content doesn't have to be in a "stuffy" environment. Information can be presented with the use of technology in a variety of ways to promote student engagement of all learners. It is my responsibility as a model, teacher, coach, and teammate to share new emerging innovation with all stakeholders. The students love it and enjoy when I have go to Kahoot!.it written on the board as an activity for the day!
We have reached our destination and I hope you choose a path to success using Kahoot!