Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Republica de Indios
Transcript of Republica de Indios
In the Republica de Indios they all had distinct rights, privileges, and obligations that formed the basis of the Spanish colonial system.
How? Republica de los Indios was a reference to the ways in which the Spanish crown sought to create separate, parallel institutions, laws, and taxes that applied only to indigenous peoples in its American empire The political unit of the Republica de Indios was the corporate indigenous community, or the pueblo’s reales. Communities were self-governing entities governed by members of the indigenous elites, or governors selected by selected members of the community.