Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
FORM IIIA - CATA W Y MATI I - olimpycs
Transcript of FORM IIIA - CATA W Y MATI I - olimpycs
Ancient Olympic Games
The ancient Greeks believed that sport was an important
way of honoring the gods. All the city states sent athletes
to Olympia to take part in chariot races, athletics and
field sports, such as throwing the discuss and taking
part in the long jump.
Zeus was honored by this festival in 776 bc.
ONLY men were allowed to take part in it.
wars were suspended so that every athlete could travel safely to Olympia.
Women had their own festival at Olympia called
heraia. there was only one event and that was a running race. it was divided up so that girls and
women could run with others of a similar age.
Theodosius canceled the olympics games in 391 AD.
the olimpyc games started again in 1896.
the olimyc games are celebrated every 4 years.
the olympic games start with a ceremony, in which an athlete lights the olympic torch.