Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Wayne Dawkins
In 2012 the decision was made to move PHASE 1 Academy to Phoenix, Arizona. Our intention is to harness the talented players we have been sending to other prep and high school programs in the United States and apply our proven PHASE 1 Training System to the development of athletes from around the world. With the help of our strategic partnerships locally and abroad PHASE 1 International Basketball Academy is prepared to launch August 2013.
Diamonds in the Rough International is a non-profit organization that uses basketball as a vehicle to place basketball student-athletes from Africa.
Founder Ernest Nteza
- Born in Kampala Uganda
-Grew up in Aurora Colorado
- Played college basketball at Adam State University in Alamosa Colorado
-Sport Media Relations
-Radar Hoops International
-Graduated from Arizona State University
-Founded DRI in 2011
Diamonds in the Rough International provides a comprehensive program whose mission is to Inspire, Develop, and build Character in youth from Africa by using basketball as a platform.
Our hope is that the educational opportunities will place these student-athletes on the path to be able to eventually return to their home nations as community leaders and agents of positive change.
Africa Sports Base
Ambassadors Basketball Academy
Warriors Basketball Academy
ISTI Dakar Basketball Academy
Raptors Basketball Academy
ACS BOPP, Dakar
Bak Bak Academy
Served as a teacher for 17 Years in the New York State Board of Education and Toronto District School Board.
My mission is to serve the youth in our communities.
In 1999 joined forces with another Basketball Pioneer to form....
- Devout Christian that uses basketball as my ministry
- Wife Kim and Daughter Toni
- Opened PHASE 1 International LLC in the United States as an extension of PHASE 1 Inc in Canada
A successful Canadian Basketball Pipeline through the U.S. is created...
...then more Canadian pipelines were formed...
...and the next Canadian pipeline has already started!
1991 - Awarded a full basketball scholarship to Eastern Michigan University.
1995 - Earned a Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education/Sociology from American International College.
- 1 NBA Player - Denham Brown, 2006 Seattle Supersonics
- 1 Olympian - Kyle Johnson, 2012 Great Britain
- 2 Canadian National Team Players, Denham Brown (U. Connecticut), Jevohn Shepherd, (U. Michigan)
- 14 D1 Players
AAU Coach 1996-2006
Head Coach Seneca College 2008-2011
"OCAA College Coach of the Year"
High School Coach 1998-2008
- 42 Years of combined experience developing Canadian basketball players, programs and events
- 280 Boys D1 Players
- 110 Girls D1 Players
- 100's of D2, CIS and JUCO Players
- 40 European Pro's
- 3 NBA Players current, Andrew Nicholson (2012 Orlando Magic 19th), Tristan Thompson (2011Cleveland Cavaliers 4th), Corey Joseph (2011 San Antonio Spurs 30th)
- 2 Past NBA Players, Denham Brown (Seattle Supersonics 40th), Pops Mensah-Bonsu (Toronto Raptors, Houston Rockets)
- 2013 Draft, Junior Cadougan (Marquette U.), Myke Kabongo (U. Texas)
- 80% of the Canadian National Team for the past decade developed by us or participated in our programs
- 12 Nike All American Camp Participants
- 15 ABCD Camp Participants
- Every McDonald's or Jordan Brand All American has played for us or in our programs.
- 2008 Vegas Super 64 Champions, 1st and only Canadian Team in history.
- 2008 #1 ranked AAU team in North America.
- Nike sponsored for 12 years
In honor of my community service Wayne Dawkins was written in as the Main Character of the best selling children's novel "Home Team" written by award winning Canadian author Eric Walters, in collaboration with Jerome "JYD" Williams (NBA Toronto Raptors) and Johnnie Williams.
Started in 2001, the All Canada Classic "Rumble in the T-Dot" and "Awards Banquet" for boys and girls, is Canada's longest running and
National High School All Star Game and Awards celebration. The event is held at the Air Canada Center in Toronto, ON and has featured almost every big name high school player of the past 13 years.
The decision to step away from coaching allowed me to focused on the creation of the PHASE 1 Training System. A proprietary method of training basketball players that has produced tremendous success. Wayne Dawkins is widely considered Canada's #1 basketball skill and movement specific trainer.
A precursor to PHASE 1’s famous All Canada Classic "Rumble in the T-Dot" National High School All Star Game, the Rising Stars Showcase has been a key program in the greater plan. Started in 2002 the Rising Stars Showcase for boys and girls grade 7-11 was created to identify and encourage the young players that will become the future of Canadian basketball.
The hard work to produce successful events and athletes in Canada was not leading to easier roads. The need for resources and greater recognition for athletes forced us to send even more of our top athletes to U.S. prep and high school programs.
Jamar Ergas - 2015
Nevell Provo - 2015
Justin Jackson - 2015
Shakur Daniel - 2018
Radar Hoops International
-CEO Godwin Owenji
-International Scouting Service