Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens
Transcript of 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens
Why? Here is something small... Here is some context. Provide some common ground.
Or something from the present, that we should look beyond. Well
go An Example: So.... 30 So... Let me give you some perspetive.... Here is something small... An Example: 30 7 habits of Highly Effective Teens 1. Be Proactive
2. Begin With The End In Mind
3. Put First Things First
4. Think Win-Win
5. Seek First To Understand,
Then To Be Understood
7. Sharpen The Saw Paradigm What is a paradigm?
A paradigm is the way you see something; your point of view;
frame of reference, or belief. Importance of a paradigm Our Pagadigms are often times set
on things that change:
Our favorite sports team.
negativity An incorrect paradigm can
often liimit our ability to do
I'm to dumb to go to college
I can't play the piano cause
my fingers are too big
We need to have a principled based paradigm in order to be happy! An incorrect paradigm
can also influence our
happiness and how we
feel about ourselves and
others. The correct Paradigm! Principled based people don't worry about how many things they have, what people
think about them, or if they look goofy doing certain activities. These people live
life to the fullest degree! 1. Be Proactive! Definition of Proactive:
Serving to prepare for;
Acting in anticipation of
future problems, needs
or changes. Prepare for what? FOR LIFE! PROACTIVE VERSES REACTIVE
I did it.
Gives best effort "The devil made me
Makes no effort
Steps to becoming proactive.
1. Treat unkindness with kindness
2. Have the will power to avoid negative peer pressure
3. Take responsibility.
4. Develop talents
5. Be friendly to everyone (including enemies.)
2. Begin with the End in Mind Have a goal of what you want to be in life and what type of job you want.
1. Create a "roadmap" for your life
2, Set goals
3. Create a personal mission statement
4. Develop talents and interests Education
Boyfriend/girlfriend Job Sports
Band TV Friends
Siblings Lets face it, Teenagers have a lot going on in their lives. It's sometimes hard to make important decisions. Homework This is why it is important for you
as a teenager to take a step back,
look at the end. Look at the very end
of your life. What do you want to
accomplish? What would you like said
about you at your funeral? What kind of
relationships do you want to enjoy while
you are alive? Do you have dreams about
your future? Now is the time to make time!
Drugs DECIDE TODAY WHAT YOU WILL
BE LIKE IN 20 OR 30 YEARS. Urgent Not Urgent
Important The Procrastinator *The Prioritizer
*Exam tomorrow *Planning ahead
*Friend gets injured *Essay due in a week
*Late for work *Exercise
*Project due today *Relationships
Unimportant The Yes Man The Slacker
*Umimportant phone calls *Too much TV
*Interruptoins *Endless phone calls
*Deals with others problems *Endless text messaging
*Peer Pressure *Time wasters
3. Put first things first Steps to put first things first:
1. Obtain a daily planner
2. Weekly Plan
3. Be willing to adapt daily
4. Schedule time for video
games, TV and friends 4. Think Win-Win To think Win-Win makes you happy! :)
To think Win-Lose, Lose-Win, or Lose-Lose
makes you miserable. Most people think somebody must always lose.
In sports, in class, in everything. That doesn't
always happen! You can begin to think Win-Win
TODAY! Steps to beginning to think Win-Win
1. Avoid the tumor twins:
"I'm better than you!" Lose-Win
"He is so much better
than me." Lose-Lose
"Well, if I can't win,
nobody can!" Win-Win
"Well, let's find a way to
make this work!" 5. Seek first to understand, then to be understood You have two ears, but only one mouth.
That's because you are supposed to listen
twice as much as you speak. Judge not, that ye be not be judged.
Matt. 7:1 Things to avoid when listening
1. Spacing out
2. Pretend listening
3. Word listening
4. Self-centered listening
7. Probing 6. SYNERGIZE To synergize is when two or more people
work together to create a better solution
than was possible alone. Synergy is:
1. Celebrating differences
4. Finding the new and improved Synergy is NOT:
1. Tolerating differences
3. Working independently
4. Thinking your always right
5. Gangs, cliques EVERYBODY IS DIFFERENT, GET USED TO IT! Steps how to synergize:
1. Define problem or opportunity
2. Their way
3. My way.
4. Brainstorm! 7. Sharpen the Saw Parts of the Body
4. Spiritual Steps to improve physically:
Eat right Steps to improve Mentally
Right Steps to Improve Emotionally:
Be kind Steps to improve Spiritually:
Go to Church
Write in Journal