Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
06.07 Impact of Biotechnology---->Creating new breeds of ani
Transcript of 06.07 Impact of Biotechnology---->Creating new breeds of ani
• Description of the biotechnology
GM (also known as genetic modification) breeding is used because it can change the genes of an organism in ways not possible through traditional breeding techniques providing opportunities for new plant varieties and animal breeds.
• Purpose of the biotechnology
To try to re-arrange the genetic structure of living things to create an outcome, either in appearance, behavior or bio-chemical, that we want or need.
• Pros and cons of using the biotechnology
Pros – Cloning provides a great support blanket for the modern extinction crisis and can help to ensure that critical numbers of endangered species will exist for generations to come.
Cons – the actual suffering experienced by agricultural and research animals may increase during this process.
• my conclusion about whether the biotechnology should or should not be used
I think Creating new breeds of animals through genetic modification should be used because even though it can cause problems it still provides a chance to cure and/or help animal + mankind , if you think about it HOPE is what this biotechnology can bring.