Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Homosexuality
2. Think of your favourite genre of music. Do you like every artist in that genre?
"Children raised by same sex
couples will end up gay."
"Gays are attracted to everybody of the same sex"
"Lesbians seek out same-sex relationships after having bad experiences with men"
"One person must be the male figure, and one must be the female figure in the relationship"
"Homosexuality is a choice"
Homosexuality in Light of Christian Morality
Christianity ultimately stands to treat others as you wish to be treated; with love and respect.
This mentality makes opinions on homosexuality confusing, as homosexuality is seen as a sin in the bible.
The issue is not "black and white".
Christians are taught to love everyone, no matter their sexuality.
They are taught to let other live the way that makes them happy.
However, in the bible God makes his negative opinion on homosexual relationships very clear, and this is what causes Christians to oppose marriage of gay couples, and their adoption of children.
"Its as if your friend likes to eat junk food, but you know its unhealthy and have an opposing opinion. You love them and are conflicted about what to tell them. This makes them happy, but it isn't what's best for them."
Homosexuality in the Bible
The book of Leviticus states:
18:22 "Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable."
20:13 "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."
In the time the bible was written, these guidelines were more so to protect people from the spread of disease, and promote hygiene in relationships. These passages are often taken out of context. God does not hate homosexuals, as is assumed. He simply desires what He believes is best for his followers.
Societal & Catholic View Are Changing
Both society, and members of the catholic church are growing more accepting and tolerant of homosexuals, and their relationships.
Things Still Are Not Where We Feel They Should Be
Gay marriage is only legal in 18 countries
Adoption by same-sex couples is legal in only 14 countries.
13% of hate crimes in Canada are because of sexual orientation, and these hate crimes total at 188, which has risen by 18% since the last census. 74% of these hate crimes are violent.
There are still very many extremist groups, who are unsupportive of homosexual people even existing.
1. What are the 3 things the church does not approve of homosexuals doing?
2. Name one stigma commonly associated with homosexuals?
3. What is the name of the religious group that is extremely against homosexuality?
4. What percent of Canadians are homosexual?
5. In how many countries is gay marriage legal?
6. In how many countries is adoption by same-sex couples legal?
7. what percentage of hate crimes are because of a person's sexual orientation?
Contrary to the catholic belief, we are for homosexuality. We believe that everyone is entitled to he ability to marry, have sexual relations with, and/or adopt children, with their significant other, regardless of sexual orientation. In our opinion love is love, and everyone should be given the opportunity to express it as suits them best.
LOL Please, don't flatter yourselves!
There are very many children put up for adoption daily. Allowing them to be adopted by same-sex couples would give them the opportunity to find loving homes quicker.
No one chooses their sexuality. It is some thing innate, and deserving of respect and acceptance.
The Catholic church displays an opinion more related to a sense of tolerance as opposed to acceptance.
Homosexuality should NOT be considered a fault, or something that is impure.