Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Horace Mann
"The Father of American Education"
May 4, 1796 – August 2, 1859
Exemplary Value Lens
I'd label my pioneer character educator as best exemplifying Respect because he was respected for his push for "Public Education.". . . A second valuable lens on the style of this pioneer character educator is Integrity because he stood up against all odds and succeeded, even for today's standard.
Best quote from the research that captures the essence of my pioneer character educator is...
"I beseech you to treasure up in your hearts these my parting words: Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity."
Three words that best describe Horace Mann
Deficiencies exhibited by my pioneer character educator
He was vocal and angered people on his main principles regarding public education and its troubles.
Admirable qualities of
He was influential.
He was a reformer.
He was vigorous.
He was a leader.
The one sentence I would use to summarize the ethics of this pioneer would be…
His persistence and endurance to overcome obstacles for the betterment of people.