Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Untitled Prezi
Transcript of Copy of Untitled Prezi
1. Foundation of Government and Politics
3.Implications of Public Administration
GOVERNMENT AND POLITICS
Government and public administration
are as old as the history of people working together in large groups.
Distinctions between POLITICS and ADMINISTRATION
for ends as well as means
needs of the
Factors that can affect the viability of
forces of lawlessnes and violence
"Nothing is predetermined for us beyond the human power to change it. Nothing that we have inherited or are now doing is exempt from our
capacity to keep or alter
. All social conducts, social organizations, and social institutions are the products of human activity, past and present."
may be foster by:
Giving the due
An intelligent discussion
Paul H. Appleby
Administrator should be guided by:
Politicians are not
enemy to be avoided
and constitutional partner
IMPLICATIONS TO PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
Presidential Proclamation No. 1081 placing the entire Philippines under Martial Law. Marcos, ruling by decree, curtailed press freedom and other civil liberties; closed down congress and media establishments; and ordered the arrest of opposition leaders and millitant activist, including his staunchest critics.
-Regarding the use of FORCE, there are political units which would submit to the aberrations of a demagogue; while in other places, there would be an active resistance.-
Ends of Government
Public Administration must take into account
1. How the people would face certain measures.
2. How they would fare when thrown into some expedient means taken by the government.
Political Geography of the Philippines
Regionalism and Ethnic identity
Carlos P. Romulo
"Public Administration, considerably, must look beyond the realm of culture, government, and politics to be most responsive to the needs of the people and to be really effective in its functions."
- a group of people that governs a community or unit. It sets and administers
public policy and exercise executive, political and sovereign power through customs, institutions, and laws within a state.
- the art or science concerned with guiding or influencing governmental policy.
- implementation of government policy and the academic discipline that studies this implementation and prepares civil servants for working in public service.