Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
"MENDING WALL" BY ROBERT FROST
Transcript of "MENDING WALL" BY ROBERT FROST
"The River Merchant's Wife" Relation
The "River Merchant's Wife" is influenced by the events of the time period, and by the new techniques of the time. The woman not seeing her husband, who is away on business, can also be related to World War I. During 1914, the year the poem was written, many women were missing their husbands who were being sent to fight.
"Mending Walls" Relation
"Mending Walls" used some new Twentieth Century techniques, and the poem is also influenced by the events going on at the time. The fence between the neighbors is a symbol of hostility. During 1914, World War One was just beginning, and this poem represents the hostility of the time. "Mending Walls" uses blank verses which was a new technique during the time period.
By Robert Frost
"The River Merchant's Wife"
By Ezra Pound