Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Dinner Party by Mona Gardner
Susan Monroeon 18 March 2013
Transcript of The Dinner Party by Mona Gardner
1. Read the clue on the screen.
2. Look at your word bank.
3. Write your answer on the board. irony the setting of the story India the author's purpose for writing this story... entertain give up as in payment of a fine or penalty forfeit The main idea of this story is... women CAN control their nerves capturing and holding the attention arresting Why did the guests follow the American's instructions for the game? They wanted the challenge Which character has the most self control? the hostess becoming smaller, drawing together contracting another word for commotion
is... disturbance Which type of Irony is this? A couple appears in court to finalize a divorce, but instead they remarry. situational This is what the guests are discussing around the dinner table. the differences between men & women The American in the story is someone who specializes in the history of plants & animals.
What is he? a naturalist Which type of Irony is this? verbal Another word for veranda
is... porch The reactions of the hostess make the colonel's argument seem... foolish Which type of Irony is this? dramatic Which type of irony is this? verbal