Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Causes of the War of 1812
Transcript of The Causes of the War of 1812
1) Most of the good farmland in the United States was expensive, while in British North America there was plenty of good, inexpensive farmland available. 2) Native peoples were resisting the westward movement of American colonists. The Americans saw British North American colonists as possible allies for the nNative cause. However, Tecumseh, a Native leader had already gone to British North America to see if he could enlist help there. All in all, the Americans felt that if they could take over British North America, there would be less resistance from the Native peoples. First Invasion pt.2 First Invasion pt.3 WAR HAWKS were pushing for war against the British North American colonies.
War Hawks: group of young men in Congress who wanted war. They believed that the Americans could easily win a war if they invaded the colonies of British North America