Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Egypt
Social Studies Hieroglyphics: pictures for words
Papyrus: Paper invented by the Egyptians Writing Pyramids: built as tombs for the Pharaohs
Great Sphinx: Large human-headed lion that guards Khafra's Pyramid Architecture The Flooding of the River provided the people with fertile soil for farming.
Transportation Nile River A mummy is a preserved body for the afterlife.
All organs were placed in Canopic Jars.
The heart was left in because it was considered the center of intelligence and emotion. Mummies Polytheistic: Belief in many Gods
Animal sacrifices to the Gods
Pharaoh was God represented on Earth Religion Crops were grown along the banks of the Nile River.
Egyptians grew wheat, barley, onions, and lettuce.
They also grew flax and turned it into linen fabric for clothing.
Animals like oxen were used for farm labor. Farming Writing Architecture Nile River Mummies Religion Isis Anubis Hapy Hidden tunnels
could lead to
ancient treasures For more info on Egyptian Gods go to:
http://www.ancientegypt.co.uk/gods/explore/main.html Farming Prezi-tation Credits THIS PREZI WAS CREATED BY:
IMMS Common Core State Standards
2. IDENTIFY LAND AND CLIMATIC CONDITIONS CONDUCIVE TO HUMAN SETTLEMENT IN REGIONS OF THE WORLD AND DESCRIBE THE ROLE OF THESE CONDITIONS (G-1B-M1)
3. IDENTIFY PHYSICAL FEATURES THAT INFLUENCED WORLD HISTORICAL EVENTS AND DESCRIBE THEIR INFLUENCE (E.G., THE NILE AND TIGRIS-EUPHRATES AS “CRADLES OF CIVILIZATION”) (G-1B-M2
27. LOCATE AND DESCRIBE THE MAJOR RIVER SYSTEMS AND DISCUSS THE PHYSICAL SETTINGS THAT SUPPORTED PERMANENT SETTLEMENT AND EARLY CIVILIZATIONS IN MESOPOTAMIA, EGYPT, CHINA, AND THE INDUS VALLEY (H-1C-M3)
28. DESCRIBE THE MAJOR CHARACTERISTICS OF EARLY RIVER VALLEY CIVILIZATIONS (H-1C-M3) Additional Resources Passing LA iLEAP book