Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Lexi Harwell
Why can't dogs eat chocolate?
Whether or not eating chocolate will harm your dog depends upon several factors,including the type of chocolate eaten and the size of your dog.In general, larger dogs can eat larger quantities of chocolate without incidents, while even a small quantity of chocolate may affect a very small dog.
Theobromine is an alkaloid that acts as a stimulant like caffeine does.Dogs don't have a specific enzyme that humans use to break down theobromine.As a result theobromine can overstimulate te central nervous and cardiovas systems in dogs, leading to increased blood pressure, vomiting, dehydration, abdominal pains, sizures, and even death.
Now you know why dogs can't eat chocolate.
It is so sad that dogs can't eat chocolate.