Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Eng.101: Organization
2. Spatial: according to details "as they occur in space or from certain locations"--important to maintain throughout.
3. Emphatic: "most compelling evidence is saved for last"
4. Simple-to-Complex: "proceed from relatively simple concepts to more complex ones" Look at page 28
for the list of patterns
Which patterns are
best suited to which
organizational approaches? Outlining https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XrQmemYpBJ-gjD8BwUV6sUjcF__zEznzRL8I_SeulY4/edit http://media.pearsoncmg.com/long/long_longman_media_1/df/fowler_LBH12e/47a/index.html Does the given purpose suggest an emphatic, chronological, spatial, or simple-to-complex approach?
A. Thesis: Traveling in a large city can be an unexpected education.
Purpose 1: To explain, in a humorous way, the stages in learning to cope with the city's cab system.
Purpose 2: To describe, in a serious manner, the vastly different sections of the city as viewed from a cab. B. Thesis: Supermarkets use sophisticated marketing techniques to prod consumers into buying more than they need.
Purpose 1: To inform readers that positioning products in certain locations encourages impulse buying.
Purpose 2: To persuade readers not to patronize those chains using especially objectionable sales strategies. Organize the supporting points: which are major points, and which are secondary points?
Thesis: Our schools, now in crisis, could be improved in several ways. Teacher certification Schedules Teachers Longer school year Merit pay for teachers Better textbooks Longer school days More challenging courses