Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Raising Parents workshops
Transcript of Raising Parents workshops
lets give them a report card for a change.
lets make it a good one
give the all A's. Let them know how awesome they are! The Report Card What are some Practical ways to raise parents
Ways to help your friends Parent Posters Three Simple Rules
when raising parents Children, obey your parents in the Lord,[a] for this is right. 2 “Honor your father and mother”—this is the first commandment with a promise: 3 “so that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth.” 4 And, fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
- Ephesians 6:1-4 NRSV THE PROBLEM? jr. high yar 2012 Abraham
Luke 2:41-51 do no harm do good stay in love with God reverse roles: whiner to witness
actions to actions the place and space 2 Holy Spirit hindered by family/parents? do something kind
say something kind
pray for them
keep them connected
don't be vengeful I’ve come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. 36 People’s enemies are members of their own households. - Matthew 10:35-36 CEB
Treat your parents as you treat God Luke 2:41-52 Lets get practical Τὰ τέκνα, ὑπακούετε τοῖς γονεῦσιν ὑμῶν [ἐν κυρίῳ]• τοῦτο γάρ ἐστιν δίκαιον. 2 τίμα τὸν πατέρα σου καὶ τὴν μητέρα, ἥτις ἐστὶν ἐντολὴ πρώτη ἐν ἐπαγγελίᾳ, 3 ἵνα εὖ σοι γένηται καὶ ἔσῃ μακροχρόνιος ἐπὶ τῆς γῆς. 4 Καὶ οἱ πατέρες, μὴ παροργίζετε τὰ τέκνα ὑμῶν ἀλλὰ ἐκτρέφετε αὐτὰ ἐν παιδείᾳ καὶ νουθεσίᾳ κυρίου. (Eph 6:1-4 BGT) to provoke Context of the scripture The story of Perpetua the Martyr Questions:
1. What changes have there been in your relationships with others as a result of your relationship with God?
2. How, do you think, do the non-Christians you meet daily perceive your conduct? Practical ways to witness
Look for the small opportunities
music, t.v., language, morality/decisions
don't hide your faith
leave the results to God
look for the barries you face at home/life
look for the idols
Pagan Parents and Christian Children
exhortation to youth
parents take on God, separate from pagan traditions (equality)
Ephesians is about education