Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Medicine in the 1500-1600s
Transcript of Medicine in the 1500-1600s
Autum: black bile Spring: blood Winter: phlegm Summer: yellow bile Cures from Medieval England For toothache: take a candle and burn it close to the tooth, the worms that are hurting your tooth will fall out
For evil spirts of the head: cut a hole into the skull to release evil spirts trapped in the brain. Or cutting out a part of the brain said to be "infected" with evil spirts
For general illness: show your love to God and drink holy water
Blood letting: when blood was drained from a certain part of the blood, suppose to release the bad blood from the body. Leeches were sometimes used for this aswell
Cauterization (burning apart of the body): identified apart of your body was ill and was cured by red hot pokers The 4 humors of the body: black bile, yellow bile, phlegm and blood Also assosiated with one of the universal elements