Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Animal Testing: Test without Tears
Transcript of Animal Testing: Test without Tears
The expense of animal testing
* Tax payers have lost about twenty million dollars due to animal testing.
* The purchase and maintenance of labs are extremely expensive.
* The most commonly used animals in the lab are birds, rats and mice because they are the least expensive and dont cause attention from the public.
An Unethical Science
* Animals and humans are different, this is the main reason why animal testing is an unethical science.
*Some drugs are deadly to humans, but safe for animals.
* Animal testing doesn't help the diseases that humanity is mostly threatened by, such as cancer, alzheimers and AIDS.
* Records prove that 80% of medicines and drugs tested on animals failed to cure human health problems.
"Practically all animal experiments are untenable on a statistical scientific basis, for they possess no scientific validity or reliability. They merely perform an alibi for pharmaceutical companies, who hope to protect themselves thereby.” -Herbert Stiller M.D.
The cruelty of animal testing
* It's estimated that about five million animals suffer each year in the United States due to animal testing.
* About twenty two animals die every second in labs.
* Animals are burned, cut, maimed, addicted to drugs, starved, and given fatal drugs with no anesthesia.
The history of Animal Testing
* Animal testing has dated back to the 4th century BCE.
* The reason behind Animal Testing is to learn what is safe for humans to use in medicine and cosmetics.
Animal Use in Research. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Nov. 2013.
"Limitations and Dangers | Animal Use in Research." .
N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Nov. 2013.
"Problems with Animal Research." -The American Anti-Vivisection Society (AAVS). N.p.,
2013. Web. 18 Nov. 2013
"The High Cost of Animal Testing." Care2. N.p., n.d. Web. 19 Nov. 2013.
Time for change
Ways to stop animal testing:
* If you are against animal testing then don't buy products that test on animals.
* Voice your opinion
* join against companies that stand against animal cruelty. (PETA)