Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of James Chadwick
He originally wanted study in the field of math but put into the physics department.
Born: Cheshire England October 20, 1891
Death: Cambridge England July 24, 1974
Wife: Aileen Stewert-brown
2 Twin daugters
University of Manchester (by scholarship)
-Lead to fission of uranium to form the first atomic bomb
-Proved the existence of neurons!
-Proved Rutherford theory wrong: That an elements atomic number is equal to the charge of its nucleus
Throughout the years of his life James Chadwick proved essential parts of chemistry which we still continue to use today.
He was knighted by King Gorge the 5th in 1945
Germans allowed him to create radioactive toothpaste
After World War2 he became cheif of the making of a bomb.
Spent two years under professor Ruthford in the Physical Laboratory of Manchester
He graduated from the Honours School of Physics in 1911
Noble Prize in physics
He entered college at the age of 17
His discover to neutrons was because he wondered why Helium atoms were heavier than Hydrogen atoms
-Used direct method to determine nucleus's charge.