Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
What is a statistical question
Transcript of What is a statistical question
You don't even realize you ask statistical questions almost everyday
What is an easy-to-understand overview of inferential statistics?
Statisticians use inferential statistics to reach conclusions that extend beyond the specific data studied, such as when using sample data to determine how a larger population might behave or respond to a specific stimulus.
Why do we use statistics?
Instead of just using raw data to explain observations, researchers use various statistical analyze to derive predictions and trends from large data. Statistics helps researchers make inferences about data.
What is a statistical question?
A statistical question is a question that can be answered using data that may vary. Any question that may be answered by a single number or answer is not considered a statistical question.
Example of statistical question
How many minutes do 6th grade students typically spend on homework each week?