Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Gender Roles 1940s
Crystal Dykeson 23 January 2013
Transcript of Gender Roles 1940s
- Supported families and themselves
- Built anything and everything
- America's " safety net "
- Faced harassment from men
- Nurse Corps
Children's Roles were . . . - Had to grow up quickly
- War affected their play and imagination
- Teenagers left school early to find jobs
- Fend for themselves while their mother's worked
- Moved from the farm to the big city area
Mens Roles were . . . - Teased women
- Tried to return women to their " proper place "
- Female sexuality became an issue to them
- Did not help their wives
- Relied on their wives and kids if they lost their jobs The Lanham Act . . .