Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Gender Roles 1940s
Transcript of Gender Roles 1940s
- Supported families and themselves
- Built anything and everything
- America's " safety net "
- Faced harassment from men
- Nurse Corps
Children's Roles were . . . - Had to grow up quickly
- War affected their play and imagination
- Teenagers left school early to find jobs
- Fend for themselves while their mother's worked
- Moved from the farm to the big city area
Mens Roles were . . . - Teased women
- Tried to return women to their " proper place "
- Female sexuality became an issue to them
- Did not help their wives
- Relied on their wives and kids if they lost their jobs The Lanham Act . . .