Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
What is WICOR?
Transcript of What is WICOR?
is an acronym used to describe the strategies used in
does it stand for?
Writing is basically putting pencil to paper, or fingers to keys!
A learning tool
A way to communicate
A way to record your thoughts
The Writing Process
Inquiry comes from INQUIRE, which means to ASK QUESTIONS!
Engaging in thinking, learning, & discussion
Uncovering your own understanding
Forming hypotheses/making predictions
The key part of Collaboration is WORKING TOGETHER!
Teamwork with shared
Sharing of ideas, info, &
Work in focused study groups
Write and Share
Turn and Talks
The key part of Organization is BEING ORGANIZED!
Keeping up with your materials and supplies
Planning & prioritizing your time
The key part of Reading is to READ!Reading is...
Using prior knowledge & making connections to the text, self, & the world
Making predictions & asking ?s
Creating visual images as you read
Using strategies to understand material
Marking the text
Vocabulary words/Frayer Models
1. Take notes on your guided notes sheet while you watch the presentation.
2. Wait for instruction when you are done!