Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Calcium Chloride
Chemical Names: Calcium Dichloride
Calcium (2+) Chloride Uses of Calcium Chloride treats low blood calcium.
helps to prevent food spoilage.
it is the main ingredient in many food items
it is a good drying agent.
is useful for de-icing.
when added in pool water Calcium Chloride reduced hardness around the surface.
when in contact with oxygen, it becomes a liquid.
produces heat when in contact with water. **
able to attract moisture from the air. Production & Extraction *The production was put into
action in 1949
Discovery This was discovered in the 15th century;however, Calcium Chloride was not studied untill 1808 by an English Chemist named Humphrey Davy. Fun Facts was considered a waste product untill its uses were discovered.
Broccoli & Salmon have more calcium than a glass of milk.
can also contribute to calcification of arteries which can lead to strokes and heart attacks
Calcium is only found in living organisms. Calcium Chloride http://www.ams.usda.gov/AMSv1.0/getfile?dDocName=STELPRDC5067064