Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
7 Vectors of the Chickering Theory
Transcript of 7 Vectors of the Chickering Theory
Freeing Interpersonal Relationships
Developing Integrity Emotional Independence
Instrumental Independence Developing Autonomy Friendships with Greater Depth
Incorporate Significant Other
Accept people who are culturally different
Parents become adult Friends Freeing Interpersonal Relationships Vocational Commitment
Life Style/Pattern Emerges
Values Manifest in Choice Developing Purpose References Developing Competence Establishing Identity Developing Integrity What can we do with the
7 Vectors of Chickering? How well can you identify emotions? Komives, Susan R., and Wendy Wagner. Leadership for a Better World: Understanding the Social Change Model of Leadership Development. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 2009. Print.
Lecture 1/21/13: Discussion about Chickering Theory
Seven Vectors of Chickering Theory Handout
Vimeo: "Lost Generation" Video by Jonathan Reed: http://vimeo.com/2997420
http://studentdevelopmenttheory.wordpress.com/chickerings-seven-vectors/ Depth of intimacy increases
with fewer stereotypes developed How are we all connected? Internal Values Behavior and Values are congruent Adherence to moral & ethical principles Building character What's your story? Sexual Identity
Sense of Self
Self-Esteem A Little About Me How Much Do You Remember About Me? 1. What time did I start working out in the gym?
2. What time did I come in to Micro Lab?
3. What part of my body did I work out?
4. How long did I shower?
5. What did I order at Starbucks?
6. How many grams of sugar did I add?
7. Name three of the tests done in Micro Lab.
8. What did Dr. Johnson ask me?
9. What was my answer?
10. What was the correct answer? What Would YOU Do? Let's Build a Tower How Do You Identify Yourself? Intellectual
Social/Interpersonal Acquiring your Sense of Competence Differentiating Integrating How Well Do You Support Each Other? Interdependence What is a Vector? Who you are orbits you Background Travel Major Hobbies Age Competence
Integrity Your Seven Vectors of Chickering USciences Objectives Community Size Curriculum Student-Faculty Relationship Friendship & Student Communities Cups
Rubber Bands Competence
Integrity Feedback Action Awareness How do you manage your emotions? Integration Managing Emotions Control by External Rules
Control by Internal Norms I want to have a big family I want to play in an adult baseball league I don't want to give up time going out with my friends What's my purpose?
I want to be a teacher! In addition to being a teacher...