Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Life of Madonna
Transcript of The Life of Madonna
was born on August 16, 1958 in Bay City, Michigan to parents Silvio "Tony" Ciccone and Madonna Fortin. She was the third of six children, raised in a strict Catholic family.
Madonna's mother had passed away from breast cancer when she was only five. The loss of her mother significantly affected Madonna's adolescence therefore, she was determined to make her own voice heard. She rebelled against her strict catholic upbringing, turning her conservative clothing into revealing outfits, and rejecting her religious background.
She seemed to have balanced this rebellious act with school quite well becuase she was a straight-A student, cheerleader, and disciplined dancer who graduated from high school a semester earlier than her peers. The University of Michigan had noticed her and offered her a full scholarship to their dance program.
THE BEGINNING THE DISCOVERY The Life
of Madonna Many people have been inspired by Madonna, like Glee, they recently had an episode inspried by Madonna. Madonna as a child KAPOW!! By: Minna Nguyen During her studies at michigan she recieved many special opportunities for dance. Her dance instructor even urged her to drop out and pursue her dance career in New York, which she did.
In 1979 she started dating Dan Gilroy, one of the founding members of a ska influenced pop-punk band called Breakfast Club. He
introduced her to the head of a vaudeville
review in Paris, and she spent some time in
France working as a showgirl. She instantly
fell in love with singing and performing at
the same time.
RANDOM FACT THE CLIMB MADONNA worked in a New York City Dunkin' Donuts while she was struggling to make it as a dancer in the Big Apple. She was reportedly fired after squirting jam in a customer's face. When madonna got back to America she joined her boyfriends band, first as their drummer then as their singer. Madonna formed several different bands of her own over the next few years, including Madonna & The Sky, The Millionaires, and Emmy. In 1981, Madonna decided to go solo and hired manager Camille Barbone of Gotham Records to help her get her singing career on track.
With help of others the song ``Everybody`` was created. Madonna got the recordings to New York music producer Mark Kamins. He then helped Madonna score a record deal with Sire Records. "Everybody" hit number one on the dance charts in 1982. She then used that song to convince Sire records to produce a full- length album for her called ``Madonna``. The album was a slow but steady success, and included the hit singles "Borderline", "Lucky Star", and "Holiday." Soon, girls all over the country were imitating Madonna's distinct sense of fashion, which included fishnet stockings, lace lingerie, fingerless gloves and large crucifix necklaces. So basically, she`s touched success already...
but it doesnt stop there ! Madonna performing ``Èverybody`` Her next album, Like a Virgin, hit No. 1 on the Billboard Chart and went platinum in a month. She starred in a mainstream feature film, Desperately Seeking Susan (1985), and performed the soundtrack's single, "Into the Groove," which hit No. 1 on the U.S. dance charts. Her next single "Crazy for You" also became an instant No. 1 hit. She started her first music tour, The Virgin Tour and watched 17 consecutive songs climb into the Top 10 on the Billboard Chart. RANDOM FACT 17,672 tickets sold out of her show at Radio City Music Hall in 34 minutes, setting a record for fastest sell-out. This speed followed suit in the 27 other cities she stormed through.
Opening Act: The Beastie Boys SUCCESS! Madonna performing at the Virgin Tour Madonna`s famous look In the next few years, many things had happened:
- On August 16, 1985, she married actor Sean Penn and co-starred with him in the film Shanghai Surprise
- went and did the movies Who's That Girl? (1987), Bloodhounds of Broadway (1989) and Dick Tracy (1990)
-Madonna's soundtrack album I'm Breathless: Music from and Inspired by Dick Tracy resulted in two top-10 hits: "Vogue" and "Hanky Panky."
- four more hit albums: True Blue (1986), Who's that Girl? (1987), You Can Dance (1987), and Like a Prayer (1989). Controvesy! Involvement Outcome. Despite the controversies, Madonna became even more popular:
-By 1991, she had achieved 21 Top 10 hits in the United States and sold more than 70 million albums internationally, generating $1.2 billion in sales
- She won a Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture and numerous awards for her music.
-She also gave birth to Lourdes Maria (Lola) Ciccone Leon.
-She married Guy Ritchie, later giving birth to son, Rocco John Ritchie
- With the release of her 2005 album Confessions on a Dancefloor, Madonna became the artist with the most gold certified singles in the U.S., beating the Beatles' long-standing record.
- adopted a son and a daughter
- divorced Guy Ritchie
- VERY wealthy
Has very successful clothing line, H&M
-she released a third greatest hits album, Celebration, which ties her with Elvis Presley as the solo act with most No. 1 albums in U.K. But, like always, Madonna always involved her scandalous behaviour into her career causing her to do many controversial things:
- like her performance of "Like a Virgin" on the MTV music awards,which involved prancing around suggestively onstage in a wedding dress
- There were reports about her marriage to Sean Penn involving domestic violence and he had gone to jail for assault of a photographer, eventually they got divored
- Madonna's 1989 "Like a Prayer" video featuring interracial relationship themes, burning crosses, and a blending of sexual innuendo and religious ideologies EVEN MORE SUCCESS! David Banda Rocco John Ritchie Lourdes Maria (Lola) Ciccone Leon Mercy James MADONNA Now an accomplished 52 year old, a business woman, author, performer, musician, actress, record breaking, a mother, and helps the world out is still on the her journey to changing the world. THE END... - Minna Nguyen of the project but not for Madonna :)